[Jakarta] Best Paletas!

11:43 PM

I have and will always have a thing for ice cream. Even when I’m having a really bad cough or even when the weather is -10 degrees, I will always have a thing for ice cream. This ice cream madness always strikes every time I explore a new place/area. Therefore when I went to Kebon Jeruk area a couple of days ago, the first thing in my mind was ‘is there any ice cream place around here?’. And voila! That’s how I found this amazing ice cream store.


Paletas Wey is a Mexican popsicle store that started it all in Bali on 2015. They are the first one introduce the authentic Mexican Paletas to Indonesia. Mexican Paletas is the most typical form of ice cream in Mexico. These ice cream concept expanded throughout Central and South America creating a whole new concept among different countries and cultures. By the way did you know that “Paleta” is describing the wooden stick on their frozen delights are served.


I bought the Chocolate Premium (IDR 32.000) while my friend bought the Strawberry Kiwi Fruity (IDR 23.000). We both fall in love at the first bite!



I love how you can taste how creamy the chocolate was. The chocolate was rich and has the perfect level of sweetness without that sugar rush effect. The strawberry-kiwi was also surprisingly super nice! It blends perfectly with each other without overpowering one another. I love how fresh the taste of these fruit even though it was super cold/frozen. However my friends was expecting it to be a little bit more sour but still she doesn’t mind. The ice cream were superb!

***

Paletas Wey
Jl. Panjang no 5C
Kebon Jeruk, Jakarta Barat
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
(+62) 21 530 3081

Opening hours: 10 AM – 10 PM (everyday)

Food: 4/5
Ambiance: 3/5
Price: 4/5
Service: 3/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe