Cream and Cheese All the Way

1:15 PM


I feel so lucky to be invited to another Zomato Meet Up at Macaroni House back at March. I know I know ... it's been far too long but I just got the chance to write it up and post it here. I've been busy as hell and really haven't got time to open my blog and write a proper review. Not that I neglect this blog, but I rather not to write some review under my standard. Yeah. I'm that perfectionist.


Macaroni House is located at Pesanggrahan street around Puri Indah. It was a small 'ruko' right at the side of the main street. No need to worry about finding this place because they have this red 'Macaroni House' sign in front of them. I feel like a lost people in this particular Puri Indah area as I never went there before. As I look around, there are so many restaurant that I never heard before at Pesanggrahan street, and I'm curious about it. Hmm .. I think I have to come back and have a little walk around there.

Oh, to be honest I didn't really feel very comfortable here because some of the seats was very close to each other. I feel stuck in there and can't move freely but I easily forgot that because of the cute stuffs all around the place. The impression that I got was they want to make it a kid friendly restaurant. They even have a small kids playing area near the stairs.

The meet up began with a brief introduction from Shabrina as a representation from the Zomato team. After that mba Clara, the owner of Macaroni House, took over to tell us the story behind the Macaroni House. I don't remember how exactly it all began but as far as I know it all started when her kids ask her to baked some macaroni for them. The kids really really likes it and after a couple of months she started to think to make it bigger.


Enough with the talking, now let's move on to the best part of this meet up. FOOD!

I was so thirsty when I came there so I ask them for some drinks. They served us a glass of Strawberry Yakult Shake and Sereh Ice Tea. I never like the taste of 'sereh', so I can't say anything about this Sereh Ice Tea. But the Strawberry Yakult Shake was a perfect thirst quencher for a hot day like that. It was a sweet milk shake with a little hint of sour from the yakult and strawberry to blends it all. Help! I can't stop drinking it.


We were given Pizza Bite, Baked Potato Carbonara and Smoked Beef Macaroni as our appetizer. The Pizza Bite serving caught my eyes because of the cuteness of the serving. It was like a tiny 'pastel' for one bite. The flavor was yumm but wasn't something over the top for me, although I could eat the whole plate of it tho'. I fell in love with the Baked Potato Carbonara. I can feel the thickness of the carbonara sauce with a perfect seasoning. The potato was sliced and baked to perfection, thick but tender all the way. Wow, I'm drooling right now. As for the Smoked Beef Macaroni it was like a macaroni schotel and a little bit too salty for me. Maybe it was because of the generous amount of cheese given in this dish and since I'm not a big fan of cheese, I'm not a big fan of this dish. But it was still lovely tho'.


Move on to the main course. We had Curry Rice with Chicken Katsu, Baked Spaghetti with SnowBall and Roll Lasagna. I put my hands up in the air for the Curry Rice. It was so freakin' good. I love how the curry seasoning blends perfectly with the chicken katsu and the rice. It wasn't the overpowering type of curry that can make you nausea because of it, but it was the overly yumm type of curry that make you crave some more. The baked spaghetti was delicious too! I love the meatballs that given on top of it. I wonder how they cook it because baked meatballs tends to taste dry and hard to chew but this one was tender and juicy. Too bad I didn't have any good pictures of it. As for the Roll Lasagna, I forgot to try it. Stupid. But when I ask fellow foodies, they said it was delicious.


Oh! We were given another main course as a special request of mba Clara's son, Joshua. It was called the Chicken Shroom as he said. He insist to her mom to serve us this dish because apparently this is so yumm and this is his favorite dish, and he was right. I fell in love instantly with the Chicken Shroom. It was a fried chicken fillet with a smoked beef and cheese inside of it plus three scoops of mashed potatoes as a side dish with a fragrant mushroom sauce to pour on top of it. I'm in heaven! I'm in love with the crispiness of the chicken fillet and the delicious mushroom sauce. Nice pick, Joshua!


Closing the day off, we were given a 'Lapis Selendang' as our desserts. As far as I remember this wasn't on the Macaroni House menu but from a close friend of mba Clara's restaurant which I forgot what was the name. To me the 'Lapis Selendang' was a perfect closing for our day. After all those creamy and cheesy dish, a hint of sweetness balance everything. I love how smooth the 'selendang mayang' was. The brown sugar sauce has this bitter sweet taste that swept away the creamy and cheesy on our palate.


And no it wasn't over yet. We were given another pot of greentea and a cup of chocolate cake to accompany us chatting and laughing all afternoon. The chocolate cake was fluffy and not too sweet but since I'm already full that time, I didn't finish my chocolate cake.


It was a moment of happiness. Macaroni House was definitely a top contender for a good home made macaroni dish. Other than that, meeting new people and making friends always something that I'm looking forward to. Thank you Zomato team for the invitation :)


-------

Macaroni House
Jl. Pesanggrahan no 168B
Puri Indah, Jakarta

(+62) 297 04 981 ext 244



Food          : 4/5
Ambiance  : 3/5
Price          : 3/5
Service      : 4/5

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Sudah fix ini. Jgn buka blog dr foodblogger sblm isi perut. Saya lapar lihat foto2nya mbak. Bikin ngiler. Salam kenal ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kapan-kapan ajak w kesitu dunk mba..... *glek*

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe