[Jakarta] Dinner With a View

11:17 PM


My friends and I, has this kind of tradition where we have to hang out at least once in a year. Why once a year? Because that way, we could save up a lot of money to do whatever we want, LOL! It could be having a sleepover, a movie night or simply a nice dinner. This year we decided to have a dinner at a fancy restaurant that rumored to be the highest restaurant in Jakarta.



About a week ago, we went to Seasonal Taste at The Westin. It was a buffet restaurant, which located at the 51st floor of The Westin hotel. I was amazed by how beautiful the view was. Seeing beautiful Jakarta at night at that height, somehow makes you realize you can’t imagine yourself growing up in another city. Enough for the blabbering, moving on to the food.

The buffet has lots of food selection. Ranging from Japanese, Thailand, Italian, Western, Indian, Korean, Chinese and of course Indonesian. The interesting part of the buffet was some of the food was influenced by Indonesian food. I remember they have a pasta with rendang sauce and grilled fish with sambal matah.




I think most of the food was just okay. I don’t really remember I like any particular dish that they served that night. However, I must say that the lamb chop and grilled beef was one of the best that I have ever taste. The others was just fine, I guess.



They also have a special area for desserts. I didn’t eat desserts much that night (weird, I know!) but I tried their cake and mousse in a jar. Some of them was nice but the others was just okay, nothing really special.

So my visit to Seasonal Taste at The Westin was just okay. Nothing really special that made me want to go there again. I think for a buffet that cost IDR 408.000 ++ per person, they could do way much better. Although, I really appreciate the price includes a free flow drinks (beer, flavored ice tea or water) for the guest. However, if you need a place to eat with a great view, I would really recommend this place.

*Update 23rd of August : went there for my aunt’s birthday. Most of the food was the same like when I came here the first time, only the western food table changes it’s menu. And also, the shrimp that I get from the cold appetizers table was VERY smelly. Not good :(

***

Seasonal Taste
The Westin 51st Floor
Jl. H. R. Rasuna Said
Kuningan, Jakarta Pusat
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
(+6221) 278 87 700

Opening hours: 6 AM – 10 AM, 12 PM – 3 PM, 6 PM – 10 PM

Food: 3/5
Ambiance: 4/5
Price: 3,5/5
Service: 3/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe