[Jakarta] The World of Ghibli Exhibition

11:53 PM

I just got back from The World of Ghibli Exhibition at Ritz Carlton Pacific Place, and I cannot help myself not to share it with you guys! About a month ago, The World of Ghibli opened their very first exhibition in Jakarta. My friends has talk about this for a couple of months since they are a huge fan of Ghibli. What is Ghibli you ask?


Ghibli or Studio Ghibli, Inc. is a Japanese animation film studio based in Japan. The studio is best known for its anime feature films, such as Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro. It was founded on 15th June 1985 after the success of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind which was released in 1984. The World of Ghibli Jakarta, the official partner of Studio Ghibli, decided to create and exhibition about Ghibli in Pacific Place. The exhibition contains the history of Studio Ghibli, the synopsis of each movie they made, a trailer screening room and the most anticipated the replica statue room. We only allowed to take picture at the replica area, but the other room still amazing.

Howl's Moving Castle

Spirited Away

My Neighbor Totoro

Well, I’m not a Studio Ghibli expert. So I’ll just leave you guys here to enjoy some of the photos that I took earlier today. WARNING!!! You are going to see a lot of my face. If you think you cannot handle this level of beauty, I suggest you to leave now (LOL).





 
 




 




     



I may not the biggest fan of Studio Ghibli, but it really was amazing! Even though the ticket price was a bit pricey (IDR 350.000 per person), I really think this was super worth it. The other plus side of this exhibition is, you can re-enter the exhibition all you want just as long it still in the same day. I spent almost 3 (three) hours inside the exhibition, starting from reading all of Ghibli’s history to enjoying every little detail of the statue. Even though there still a lot movies from Studio Ghbili that I haven’t watch yet, I gotta give the team a big round of applause for the impeccable details on each area. Even if you are not a fan or even if you have never heard of Studio Ghibli before, I strongly suggest you to come and see their exhibition soon as it ends on 17th of September 2017.

***

The World of Ghibli Exhibition
Ritz Carlton Pacific Place
Jl. Jenderal Sudirman
SCBD, Jakarta Selatan
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia

For more info about this exhibition on their website or instagram.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe