[Philippines] Sam Smith : The Thrill of It All World Tour 2018

11:05 AM


Samuel Frederick Smith or famously known as Sam Smith is an English singer-songwriter that rose to fame on October 2012 with Disclosure’s breakthrough single ‘Latch’. Ever since then, he released a couple of hit singles, won an amazing amount of awards and bless us with two beautiful album. His latest work is ‘The Thrill of It All’ album and I am more than lucky could be a part of this amazing concert.


The gate to the concert area opened around 7.30 PM in the evening. When we got there, the concert venue was still empty even though it was stated that the concert will begin at 8 PM. Not long after, the opening act began. It was AndreaH, an Irish-Filipino singer-songwriter woman who I thought succeeded warming up the excited fans. She sang a few of her original works and also cover of some popular singer. Please go check out her work on her instagram here.


And then at 9 PM sharp, the lights begin to turn off and you can hear that angelic voices humming. Opening the concert with ‘One Last Song’ from his latest album, I was instantly in tears.
His voice was even better than his recordings. I love how wide his vocal range. At some point he can go very low but the next thing I know he hit the highest note effortlessly. It was so beautiful and I couldn’t hold myself from not singing and dancing along.



Singing in total of 21 songs, he successfully give me goosebumps all over my body. Some of the song that he sang that night including from his previous album such as ‘Lay Me Down’, ‘Money on My Mind’ and ‘Like I Can’. Meanwhile from his latest album, he sang almost every song including ‘Midnight Train’, ‘Baby, You Make Me Crazy’ and ‘Say It First’. He also sing his latest collaboration with DJ Calvin Harris, ‘Promises’, which he said was just hit the top 40 in the U.K (cmiiw).


One of my favorite moment of that night was when he sing 'Latch'. It was his collaboration song with Disclosure that made him world famous. It was beautifully sung in acoustic cover, that made the crowd go wild by turning their phone light to light up the concert arena.


Two hours of singing along with Sam Smith is definitely not enough. Even though he wasn't singing my favorite 'No Peace', I want more and more of his angelic voice. Also a special shout out to his amazing backing vocals who made the night even more amazing and fun.


Let's hope he keep this thrill of it all forever.

P.S: all pictures are taken by me using iPhone 5S

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe