[Jakarta] The Great Gojira!

4:33 PM

A few days ago, I was invited by Traveloka Eats for their ‘Weekend Seru’ event. The event was also to promote about the new movie that they sponsored called ‘Aruna dan Lidahnya’. It is a movie about a woman who investigate bird flu case in a few cities in Indonesia along with colleague and friends. In between those investigation, as a food lover, she also try lots of food in every city that she visited. During her investigation, she found lots of interesting thing including about her work, food, life and love. Curious? Go check the movie on your nearest cinema now!


And since I’m not a movie reviewer, I rather tell you about a place where I eat before the screening, Mottomoo. Located Pacific Place Mall, Mottomoo can be easily missed since they are located in the corner of 5th floor. But the Godzilla mural in the front of restaurant surely make you look twice and definitely bring out you inner curiosity. I’ve been wanted to try this restaurant for a long time and when I was invited by Traveloka, I just couldn’t say no.


I took my friend Nadia along, cause we’re just inseparable, LOL! We were given the Gojira Don in Oomori (100gr) size which I later found out cost around IDR 69.000 per portion. There were 2 (two) sauces option, original and spicy. Being a true foodie, we order each one of them and decided to share the meal.



The Gojira Don is a rice bowl topped with stacks of thinly sliced roast beef, beautiful poached egg, a few lettuce slices and a heap of their special sauce. The rice was fragrant, soft and already has its own taste. I think they mix the rice with some kind of sauce or something. I like how tender and juicy the beef was. It was also cook to perfection and beautifully seasoned. The poached egg give the whole meal a creaminess without covering other components taste on this meal. The lettuce also adds crispy texture to the meal, which is something that a must in a meal for me.



The sauce given on top was on another level. I love how they has this perfect creamy taste without leaving your palate feel full with creaminess and sticky. I personally love the one with spicy sauce. It has this perfect balance of spicy and sour with also a strong cilantro fragrant. The sauce taste so good that I even thinking to order some more!


We also tried their desserts, Chocolate Pudding (IDR 25.000) and Matcha Pudding (IDR 25.000). I love their chocolate pudding a little bit too much! It was smooth and rich in chocolate taste. Even though the pudding came with sauce around it, I think the pudding itself was already a strong meal. As for the matcha one, the texture was more like a jelly than a pudding and it made it a little bit hard to slice/scoop. Also you can barely taste the matcha in it, too much water in the mixture I guess. However I like how they added some biscuit crumbs on top of the pudding so it has more texture.


***

Mottomoo
Pacific Place
Jl. Jenderal Sudirman
SCBD, Jakarta Selatan
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
(+62) 21 579 73 026

Opening hours: 10AM – 10PM (everyday)

Food: 4/5
Ambiance: 3.5/5
Price: 4/5
Service: 4/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe