[Singapore] Not Plain At All

9:30 PM

As you all probably know, I’m a big (literally and figuratively, LOL) dessert girl. And lately, I also become addicted to coffee. So when I came to Singapore, the first two thing I look for is a good dessert and a decent coffee. Then I read about a place called Plain Vanilla Bakery, who of course offer both of it. I’ve heard about Plain Vanilla Bakery before but I never had the chance to try it when I came to Singapore last year. So I decided to visit their outlet that located in ION mall at Orchard, which located inside a local joined space called ‘In Good Company’.


When I get in, the first thing that came in my mind was ‘WOW!’. I was mesmerized by their wide selection of desserts. They got tons choices of sweet stuff such as cupcakes, cakes and tarts. They also have a few choices in the savory departments like savory tarts, salad and some sandwiches. Oh I think I have died and went to dessert heaven!






Since I already ate lunch before I came here (which I deeply regret cause I can’t eat more their dessert), I decided to choose a cake to accompany me that afternoon. I pick Butterscotch Banana Cake (SGD 6.50) because I can’t stand those shiny butterscotch glaze on top of it. And of course a cup Hot Café Latte (SGD 5) to complete my meal (or snack? I don’t even care, LOL).



The cake was so moist and fluffy, and also the banana taste just perfect and you can find some nuts inside. The butterscotch was really yummy! It was not too sweet and somehow works perfectly with the banana cake without overpowering one another. As for the coffee, I like how fragrant it was when they brew it. The taste of the coffee itself was nice with a little bit of acidic aftertaste (well here I am talking like a true coffee fan, LOL).


I also bring back a piece of Red Velvet Cupcake (SGD 3.90) back to my hotel. The cupcake was decent with a good amount of cream cheese on top. But since I’m not a big fan of red velvet, I can’t really tell you how it really taste. To me it was just okay.


I didn’t take pictures of the interior because there were a lot of people, and I don’t want to bother them by snapping here and there. There was this beautiful words on one of their walls, which I really love. The interior was minimalist and they got this cold but homey comfortable ambience. It sure can make me don’t want to go even after my coffee become cold. Curious? Just see it by yourself then!

***

Plain Vanilla Bakery
ION Orchard
2 Orchard Turn, B1-06
Singapore, 238801

Opening hours: 11AM – 7PM (Mon to Thu), 10AM – 7.30PM (Fri to Sun)

Food: 4,5/5
Ambiance: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Service: 4/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe