[Singapore] Rolls & Coffee

8:18 AM

When I was in Singapore last week, I spent most of my time exploring the city to find new stuff and surely new food. And in between those walks, I definitely need a good coffee to boost up my energy. You definitely can see the pattern here. I googled and found this place called Tiong Bahru Bakery. I heard about it before since one of my friends is a huge fan of them up until now. So when google recommend me this place, I definitely need to try it.


Located in the B1 of Raffles City Shopping Center, the Tiong Bahru Bakery wasn’t as big as I thought it would be. However it still packed with people even though it was way past brunch time. I thought I wouldn’t get a seat, but the waiter kind enough to squeeze me in between two tables who looked like having a serious conversation. I was planning to try their bagels, but they were out of it. So they recommend me to choose their Smoked Salmon Squid Ink Rolls (forgot the exact price but I think it was about SGD 8 or so) and of course, a cup of Hot Latte (SGD 5.5).


The rolls were okay for me. The bread was a bit soggy but has this very unique taste to it. Maybe It was because of the squid ink (?). The cream cheese was not spread thoroughly, so there was some parts that didn't covered with it. The veggies were nice and crispy, probably they want to add some texture to the rolls. I would prefer more veggies on it though. However I love how they give a quite generous amount of smoked salmon, considered a good salmon must be pretty expensive. Overall the rolls was a perfect choice for a quick brunch.


As for the latte, I think they got the best latte in Singapore by far. I love how the coffee and milk blends perfectly and not to mention how fragrant the coffee when it came to my table! The foam on top was not as much as other coffee shop but that’s what I like (yeah, a Bruno mars reference here). I even ordered another round of coffee because it was that goooooood!


My visit to Tiong Bahru Bakery was amazing! I really would come back again someday to try other menu soon. The only thing that I hate about this place was how small the area. The placement of the tables are really close to each other, you can almost hear the person sitting next to you breathing. And probably this what makes everyone talk so loud there.

***

Tiong Bahru Bakery
Raffles City Shopping Center
252 North Bridge Road, B1-11/12
Singapore, 179103

Opening hours: 8AM – 10PM

Food: 4,5/5
Ambiance: 3/5
Price: 4/5
Service: 4/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe