[Jakarta] Pasta, Cake and Coffee

2:57 PM

Went to this new café in Senayan City for a quick meet up with my friend, Khalista, before she move to Auckland. A bit sad cause she is my number one ‘pergi yuk; ayuk’ person anytime, anywhere. We usually went out for a quick bite after work or for just talking sh*ts about life. Now that she moved all the way to the most south part of the world, I kinda feel sad and alone. Please don’t tell her though, bet she’s gonna laugh and mock me for the rest of my life.


Anyway, we decided to try out Union Café that located at Senayan City’s Lower Ground. Union Café located right in the middle of Senayan City, and by right in the middle I also mean that this café was in circular/round shape form. And since the café was shaped in circular/round form, anywhere we seated, we were feel like we’re being looked at by people on the outside. So I don’t feel really comfortable in there. We ordered a plate of pasta, two cups of coffee and a slice of cake for sharing.



The pasta we ordered was Chicken Sausage Carbonara Tagliatelle (IDR 115.000). The pasta was cooked perfectly, the chicken sausage given was a lot and the sauce was quite nice. Although I prefer my carbonara to be creamier than what they served, I still like it.



The cake that Khalista chose was Matcha Cake (IDR 75.000). It consist of multi-layer green tea infused cake with green tea and red bean cream and also some crumbs on the outside. I personally really love this cake! The cake has this perfect balance of bitter and sweet. I love how the green tea and red bean perfectly complementing each other. I also love how the crumbs make the cake has that extra crunch that somehow make you want more. Oh Union, your cakes never fails me.


I also ordered their Latte for IDR 45.000. I don’t really know how a good coffee should be, but for me as long as it doesn’t make my tummy rumbling, it was good for me. LOL.

***

Union Café
Senayan City
Jl. Asia Afrika
Senayan, Jakarta Selatan
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia

Opening hours: 11 AM – 1 AM (everyday)

Food: 4/5
Ambiance: 3.5/5
Price: 4/5
Service: 4/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe