[Jakarta] Es Teler Ice Cream Waffle

5:16 PM

Came here after moon-sighting at Planetarium Jakarta. When we came, this place was quite empty. Probably because it was on weekday and it was already way past dinner time. I’m in love with the ambience and interior of this place. Although the restaurant was considerably small, they manage to make it feel spacious and has this comfortable cozy feeling to it.


Since we (particularly me) are in the mood for something sweet, we ordered their Sunday’s Cake (IDR 35.000). The cake was quite nice. The chocolate taste was rich and not too sweet, the cake itself was moist and the ganache on top was yummily smooth (is that even a word?). However the overall cake was too thick and dense once it get into your mouth, so to me, eating it was a bit boring. I would rather the cake has a crunch factor so it won’t taste so boring. But I would still recommend this cake to everyone I know.




We also ordered another dessert, which was their Pandan Waffle with Es Teler Ice Cream. We didn’t expect so much since usually twisty food taste just okay but this one was an exception. The dish came with a quarter thick brown-greenish waffle with a swirl of green colored ice cream, bits of jackfruit, two pieces of green cookies and crumbles all around it. Kinda skeptical but I was wrong! It was so yummy, we even think to order one more! The waffle was so fluffy and fragrant; the ice cream was creamily smooth and has a perfect taste of ‘Es Teler’. Even though it cost you around IDR 39.000, I think it is worth to the very last lick.




My friends ordered the Aglio Olio Pasta with Smoked Beef & Mushroom for IDR 55.000. At first we were told that they are almost out of mushroom, so probably the mushroom given won’t be as generous as it supposed to be (I kinda like their honesty about the food. Two point given for this). Turns out, the mushroom given was still considerably a lot. The taste was quite nice too, even though I personally would love it to be a little bit spicier.




As for the drinks, we ordered O Berry C and Iced Sugar Cane. The O Berry C is a drink that naturally made from mulberry fruit with no sugar added at all. At first we thought it would be too sour and a drink that cost you IDR 58.000 was pretty expensive. But it came, I really love how perfect the sweetness with a little bit of sour and they really use real mulberry in it. No wonder it was pretty expensive. As for the Iced Sugar Cane, it was a sugar cane drink served with lemon and nata de coco. This was the first time I had sugar cane drink and I surprisingly quite like it. It taste so refreshing without ruining your meal afterwards.




So will I be back to Hello Sunday? Definitely! Other than the super comfortable restaurant, I still curious about other food (especially desserts) they have to offer. So see you there soon, maybe?


***

Hello Sunday
Metropole 21
Jl. Pegangsaan Timur no 21
Cikini, Jakarta Pusat
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
(+62) 21 319 00 404

Opening hours: 10AM – 10PM (everyday)

Food: 4.5/5
Ambiance: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Service: 5/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe