[Jakarta] Amazing Creamy Spinach

1:32 PM

Knew this place from an influencer’s instagram and I’ve been coming to this place a lot of times with my friends. Ciknic is a small restaurant located across Dharmawangsa Square mall. The restaurant accommodate around 20 people inside and around 4 people on the outside (smoking area). Don’t be fooled by the restaurant appearance, because believe me their food is awesome.


I love almost every single menu in Ciknic but I always order their Ciknic Platter (IDR 58.000) every time I came here. The platter consist of nori seasoned chips, calamari, chicken pops and herbs fries with homemade dipping sauce. I love how crispy the chips was. The calamari and chicken pops was super nice and perfectly seasoned. I always order this platter since the portion is quite huge, which was good for sharing. And also because I fell in love too deep with their dipping sauce, which I always forgot to ask what was that amazing thing. Remind me to ask them next time will ya?


We also ordered their Ciknic Spring Roll for IDR 22.000 per portion, where you get 4 pieces of spring roll. The spring roll came in two choice of sauce, Padang or BBQ. Since my friends and I were pretty hungry, we decided to order both. I don’t really like the spring roll cause it was a bit too oily for me. However the sauce was too awesome to be missed.



For the mains, we pick two meals to share. The first one was their Quarter Classic Roast Chicken which cost us about IDR 42.000. The meals come with one free side dish and we chose their Truffle Potato Puree. The chicken was amazing as usual. It was really fragrant, very juicy and you can taste the sauce even into the thickest part of the chicken meat. I know how tricky it could be to marinate and cook a chicken so this is definitely a plus point that keep me coming back for more. As for the potato puree, it was silky smooth but sadly just has a little hint of truffle. I would love if they pour just a little bit more of truffle on to it. But I still love this though.



The other mains that we ordered was Garlic & Cheese Roast Chicken (IDR 58.000). The meals consist of roast chicken covered in two cheese sauce, potato wedges and some sautéed green beans. Since I’m not a big fan of cheese, I didn’t really enjoy this one. The cheese was way too strong and it made the chicken doesn’t taste like a chicken at all. But still I love the potato wedges and sautéed green beans which was nicely cooked and seasoned.



My friends and I also ordered our favorite, the Creamy Spinach for IDR 12.000 per portion. Like seriously this is the bomb! This is what made me fell in love with Ciknic in the first place. I love how the spinach was cooked perfectly with the cream. The cream sauce was smooth and seasoned nicely.



Everything which cooked with cream usually can end up being too thick, dense and disgusting easily. But Ciknic has succeed made this Creamy Spinach one of the best thing that happen in this world. Don't believe me? Next time if you see me eating at Ciknic, just ask me to buy one cause I won't share mine. 

***

Ciknic
Ruko Dharmawangsa Square
Jl. Dharmawangsa VI No 46
Dharmawangsa, Jakarta Selatan
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
(+62) 21 727 80 645

Opening hours: 11AM – 10PM (everyday)

Food: 4/5
Ambiance: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Service: 5/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe