[Yogyakarta] Heavenly Food

5:11 PM

This is going to be a short food review because my visit to this place was a quick one and I didn’t took much pictures. However I fell in love with the food a little bit too much, so it definitely worth to be written here.


The restaurant was called Bu Ageng, a place that provide local taste which specialized in homemade Indonesian dishes. The restaurant itself has this Javanese home feeling all around which I really love. When I came in, I honestly didn't expect anything cause I thought it would be just another homemade restaurant.




I ordered their Nasi Campur Lidah which cost me about IDR 32.000. The dish consisted of rice, terong balado (sautéed eggplant in chili sauce), semur lidah sapi (cow’s tongue cooked in sweet stew), kering kentang (crispy thinly sliced potato), ikan asin (fried salty fish), serundeng (dry coconut crumbs), and kerupuk (crackers).


I really really really really really (yeah I really mean it) like, no, LOVE the food. The cow’s tongue was tender and seasoned perfectly. The crispy potato and coconut crumbs make the dish complete. I honestly don’t know how to describe the food, but let me tell you something. When I scoop the dish to my mouth, it felt like a perfect harmony in your mouth. You get all that sweet from the stew, the salty from the fish, the crispy from potato, the spicy from eggplant. Like, seriously, heaven. Period.


I swear you need to try it by yourself. If you already try it, let me know what you think on the comment box down below.

***

Bu Ageng
Jl. Tirtodipuran No 13
Mantrirejon, Kota Yogyakarta
D.I. Yogyakarta, Indonesia
(+62) 274  387 191

Opening hours: 11AM – 11PM (everyday; closed on Monday)

Food: 5/5
Ambiance: 5/5
Price: 5/5
Service: 5/5

*seriously guys. If you been following this blog for a long time, this is the first time I rated all 5 for ANY restaurant

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe