[Yogyakarta] LOKAL Hotel & Restaurant

7:10 PM


Okay. I never review a hotel before but since I really love this place so much, it is definitely worth a shout out on my blog. So mind me if this is going to sound very weird. I’ve heard about LOKAL a few years ago when ‘Ada Apa Dengan Cinta 2’ movie came out. Well in the movie, they didn’t show up all of the hotel but somehow it successfully made me curious about it. So when I got the chance to go to Yogyakarta, I instantly planning to stay at this hotel.


When I came, it was almost midnight so I didn’t really explore much. But the next day, I walk around the hotel and took a lot of pictures since it seems like nobody was around even though it was weekend. From what I saw, the concept of this hotel was minimalist yet edgy and eco-friendly. The hotel was painted in grey color and some part of the wall is painted with their signature graffiti. The hotel was divided into two buildings, the restaurant-office and concierge building and the rooms building.





I love the fact that the hotel was so small yet somehow feel so spacious and really homey. I also love how they put lots of plants around the buildings. It was a sight for a tired eyes to see such greens everywhere you’re looking. They also have swimming pool in the hotel. Even though it is not big, I think it is enough for small families that staying at the hotel or maybe a group of adults who are looking for a great place to take pictures for instagram. Yeah, in the end it is all about taking an instagramable pictures.



My bedroom for the night was their Deluxe King that I booked through Traveloka and the rate was IDR 550.000-ish. It was a 24 m2 room with a king sized bed and shower bathroom. You can find a tv, refrigerator, electric kettle, minibar, toiletries and hair dryer inside. Even though it looks like the room is very small, I surprisingly find it very comfortable and relaxing.





My room was included with breakfast for two. The breakfast was served at the restaurant that located in front of the hotel area. I really really love the restaurant! The whole ambiance was quiet, serene and very cozy. I feel like I could spend the rest of the day there. They also put some plants inside which kinda make it feel more alive and refreshing. Even though the food served for breakfast doesn’t have lots of variety, the food taste super good. Maybe the restaurant is the main reason why I want to give this hotel shoutout.






Even though I only stay at this hotel for one night, I think my stay at LOKAL was amazing. Not only that they have a great hotel design and great food at the restaurant, LOKAL has this homey feeling in every corner of their hotel. And when I’m travelling away from home, I always want a piece of home with me.

***

LOKAL Hotel & Restaurant
Gang Jembatan Merah No 104C
Soropandan, Condongcatur
D.I. Yogyakarta, Indonesia

(+62) 274 524 334

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe