[Japan] Mori No Yu Sanseikan/Karurusu Onsen

1:41 PM

Onsen is a Japanese hot spring. The term also extends to bathing facilities and traditional inns located around the hot spring. From what I read through the internet, onsen has become a tradition for Japanese people. Since the water from the hot spring usually contain minerals that really good for your body, most of them came not just for cleansing their body. It becomes a way to relaxing their body, mind and soul. Therefore on my trip to Japan, I’m really looking forward to it.


Mori no Yu Sanseikan or also known as Karurusu Hot Springs is an onsen that managed by a local family for years. Founded in 1975, this onsen is currently run by the 3rd (third) generation of the family. Starting as a hall, the founder who works as a woodworker turn it into an inn. For full story of the inn, go check their website here.


The onsen is located way up the mountain area of Noboribetsu, hence the calm and serene ambiance of the inn. They stay true to their commitment to bring not just another bathing facilities but also a place to relax the soul. The inn building look so simple yet so beautiful and very traditional. I feel like I was in another dimension. Oh, you can book their pick-up service so you won’t get lost getting there.


Since onsen offers not just a place to stay, it can cost you a lot. My friends and I booked the regular room with the basic meal package (around IDR 1.458.000 per pax) since it was the only one that we can afford, LOL! However even though staying in an onsen like this cost me a lot of money but this is really worth every single penny of your money.


The room was nice and clean even though it was not very spacious. They also gave us a set of kimono (Japan’s traditional clothing) that can be used around the inn. By day, they put a small table in the middle for us to sit down and enjoy some tea. By night, the housekeeping came and put the table aside so they can put our beddings.



The beddings used in the inn is the traditional futons. Which I thought would be uncomfortable but turns out it was one of the best sleep I ever had. Well it was probably because I took a hot spring bath earlier but still amazing.


Talking about the hot springs, there were 2 (two) area, each for men and women. Taking a bath in the onsen means taking off all of your clothes. Scary, I know. In the end I just kinda shake it off since I already paid a lot of money, I want to enjoy every experience I can get from this. A simple advice, just avoid eye contact, LOL!

Dinner

Breakfast
The package comes along with 2 (two) times meal, which was dinner and breakfast on the next day. Once we arrived at the dining area, I was so mesmerized by how fresh and beautiful the meals are. They believe that relaxing the mind and soul can’t be done just by taking a bath in a hot spring. It also has to be done by eating the right food, and I couldn’t agree more.






Overall my onsen experience was truly once in a lifetime. The hospitality of Mori No Yu Sanseikan was amazing, starting from the moment I step on their inns. Above all, I love how they think that body need to be taken care off not just from the outside but also on the inside.


***

Mori No Yu Sanseikan
16 Karurusu-cho, Noboribetsu-shi
Hokkaido 059-0553
Phone: +81 143 842 856

Website: https://karurusu.com/en

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe