[Jakarta] Honestly Good

12:28 PM

A few days ago, I had a uni-friends reunion at a Japanes restaurant near Senopati area. Afterwards, I was craving for a cup of ice cream. After browsing through a few food directory apps, we decided to go to this place called ‘Honest Spoon’ that located at the same building as Ombe Koffie at Cikajang area. From the outside, I thought this ice cream shop is joining with Ombe Koffie so I was expecting a crowded ambiance. Turns out they have separate area and although considerably small, somehow it felt spacious and very cozy.


Tempted by the unique flavors that they have, we decided to buy a few flavors of ice cream to share. I pick their Cookie Monster in a single cup that cost around IDR 35K. It was a blue colored vanilla ice cream mixed with cookie chunks. I really love the ice cream because it has this smooth creamy texture yet also has a strong vanilla taste without overpowering your palate. Also the cookie chunks gives another crunchy texture that brings the ice cream into a perfect harmony in your mouth. Oh I’m in love!


My other friends pick the triple scoop that cost around IDR 70K. It was cheaper but still has the same scoop size. The flavor was Dark Chocolate, Mint Chocolate Chip and Rose. I love how deep and rich the dark chocolate one. The chip in the mint chocolate chip ice cream was also given in a very generous amount. Even though I’m not a mint eater, I’m a bit fond of this one. As for the rose, it has this strong rose smell and flavor to it. However it was not my kind of ice cream. As for the texture, the three of them was smooth and creamy yet not too sweet, which something that I really like.


***

Honest Spoon
Jl. Cikajang No 63
Senopati, Jakarta Selatan
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
(+62) 812 860 74 438

Opening hours: 10 AM – 9 PM

Food: 5/5
Ambiance: 4/5
Price: 5/5
Service: 4/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe