[Jakarta] Flipping Good Flip Burger

1:07 PM

Located at the Senopati area, Flip burger should be easily noticeable from the bright red branding and huge logo. The interior has this simple and warm ambiance but gave a fun and young feeling vibe. With red and yellow color all over the restaurant, I was kinda thinking about the other famous burger joint. I came around lunch time and it was packed with people! It was already about a couple months after the grand opening and they even already have another branch. I was really surprised seeing they still got a long queue.


From what I read, chef Afit-the chef/owner of Flip Burger, wanted to make a high quality burger with an affordable price for everyone. They are using homemade patty, freshly baked buns, caramelized onions and no vegetables. No vegetables? It said that most Indonesian people hate vegetables on their burger, thus they decided to make an honest burger. A burger without any greens inside. Oh and yes, he is the same chef Afit who run the successful Holycow and Loobie Lobster.


I ordered the FLIP A Set Menu (IDR 57.000). It consist of a beef burger, fries and refillable drinks (soft drink/lemon tea). The burger use a nice light golden brown color bun. The burger consist of beef patty, caramelized onion, and some creamy sauce that looks like a mixed of bbq sauce (I think the barbeque sauce came from the caramelized onions) and mayonnaise. The beef patty was tender, juicy, and grilled to perfection. I love how the outside parts of the patty was drier than the inside. So it gave you a tiny crispy bits in each bites. However, I personally think it need a bit more salt and pepper to match my liking.



I also ordered Chicken Skin (IDR 16.000) and Bacon and Cheese Tots Fries (IDR 20.000) as a side dish to share. The chicken skin was a simple deep fried chicken skin with golden color and very crispy texture. To be honest, I didn’t find anything special about the chicken skin. However I love the idea of adding some crunchy and crispy food as a complementary to the burger and somehow addictive!



As for the tots beef, it was a pompom fries topped with cheese sauce and crispy beef bits. I’m in love with this one! The outer part was very crispy while the inside was fluffy and soft. I can’t really tell about the cheese sauce, since I don’t like cheese. But the crispy beef bits is awesome. I even thought to get another tots beef (without the cheese sauce of course).



My experience at Flip Burger was nice. Even though the place was too small and really packed with people, I would come back to Flip Burger and have some more flipping good burger in the future.

***

Flip Burger
Jl. Senopati No 27
Senopati, Jakarta Selatan
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
(+6221) 572 9939

Opening hours: 11 AM – 10 PM

Food: 4,5/5
Ambiance: 3/5
Price: 4/5
Service: 3/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe