[Jakarta] Blue Colored Rice

10:59 PM

I just had a meeting in f(X) Sudirman for my clothing line a few days ago. Since it was my first time to f(X) Sudirman, I just let my friend decided where we should break our fast. Then she decided to eat at Tjap Toean, which located not far from the main lobby. As soon as I sit down, the waitress gave me the menu. I was confused because turns out they got a long list of menu in their book. The waitress was kind enough to help us by explaining the recommended dish.


We end up ordering Roti Ngai (IDR 50.000) for both of us. It was a grilled thick bread with cheese and condensed milk. I wasn’t a big fan of this since I’m not a cheese eater. But the grilled bread itself was quite fluffy even though it was already grilled. However I expect the bread to be grilled longer to make it crispier.




I ordered Nasi Babah (IDR 53.500) for dinner. The description said it was a plate of nasi lemak, fried chicken, tempeh, egg and some vegetables. To be honest, I’m not a big fan of nasi lemak. I was tempted to order this one because of the blue colored rice. I order it just for the sake of my instagram. LOL! Silly I know but in the end, I quite love the meal. The fried chicken was tender, the fried tempeh was crispy and the best part of this meal was the sambal. It was so spicy yet so addictive.




I had Green Tea Cincau (IDR 32.000) for drinks. This drink was more like a green tea latte with a grass jelly as a topping. Nothing really special with this one, I prefer my green tea a little bit more bitter than the usual. However I love how this drinks has the perfect level of sweetness.



My visit to Tjap Toean at f(X) Sudirman was just okay. The food mostly good, the waitress was helpful and the ambiance was nice. The Nasi Babah was definitely the star of the night. However price wise, I personally Tjap Toean is a little bit pricey for me. Will I be back again? Maybe sometimes. After all, there still many things to try before I can conclude everything.

***

Tjap Toean
f(X) Sudirman
Jl. Jenderal Sudirman
Sudirman, Jakarta Selatan
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
(+62) 21 255 54 158

Opening hours: 7 AM – 11 PM

Food: 3/5
Ambiance: 3/5
Price: 2,5/5
Service: 3/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe