[Jakarta] Korean Snack

11:11 PM

As far as I know, Mu Gung Hwa is a Korean supermarket. It is a place where you can find Korean food products that you can’t find anywhere else. Until a couple weeks ago, my friend told me that they also have a little restaurant that sells authentic Korean food. Since I’ve been really into Korean food lately, I decided to check it out.


We ordered quite a lot of food that night. One of them was the Ra-Boki which was IDR 50.000. Ra-Boki is a combination of ramyeon (noodles) and tteok-boki. Tteok-boki is a Korean snack that made out of rice cakes covered in spicy sauce. It usually cooked with some vegetables and can be mixed with other stuff such as noodles (like the one that we ate). I’m not a big fan of this one because the sauce was too thick and heavy for me. Although I quite like the teokboki itself because it was chewy and crispy at the same time.


We also ordered the Ramyeon itself for IDR 30.000. For me, there is nothing special about this dish. It was more like a bowl of instant noodle cooked and served in a pot. However the noodles taste different than the usual instant noodle that we have here. This one was not as salty as the other instant noodle.


We also tried their Sundubu-jjigae (IDR 55.000) which is a soft tofu stew. The dish usually made out of tofu, vegetables, onion, eggs and optional meat (seafood, chicken, beef, etc). I like their sundubu-jjigae! It has this really smooth tofu, lots of meat inside and most importantly the soup was delicious. It was fragrant, spicy and refreshing at the same time.


My personal favorite of them all was Oden that cost us about IDR 15.000 per stick. From what I know, this food is actually came from Japan. It is a name of a one pot dish consisting of several ingredients. But here in Mu Gung Hwa, oden is more like a steamed fish caked served with a bowl of fish based soup. I super love the oden! Especially the soup. The soup was very fragrant and tasty, I even finish it to the very last drop. The fish cake was nice too. It was very chewy and also tasty.


My snacking that night was considered great. The food was nice and the restaurant was quiet. I think not many people knew about this place, since it was a located at the 2nd floor and way back of the store (behind the bakery). Since the restaurant was empty, I can talk with my friends for hours without worrying the people who wait for our seat. Will I come back? Definitely! Especially for the oden!

***

Mu Gung Hwa
Jl. Senayan, Blok S No 43
Senopati, Jakarta Selatan
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
(+62) 21 722 2214

Opening hours: 10 AM – 10 PM

Food: 3,5/5
Ambiance: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Service: 3/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe