[Jakarta] The Latest Abura Hype in Town

11:27 PM

Marugame Udon is a restaurant chains that started a self-service hype all over Jakarta. Well, I know there are a couple of other restaurant that has the same concept, but as far as I remember, Marugame Udon is the one who make it big. I can say that I am a regular customer in Marugame Udon. I’ve been a fan of them since it was easy, quick and pretty much affordable to me. I always come to eat here whenever I need a quick meal and a bowl of comforting udon.


A couple of days ago, I was strolling around Gandaria City with my friend, and saw their advertisement for a new menu. Needless to say, I instantly rush myself to their store and order their new menu.


Abura Udon is a bowl of dry udon (obviously) topped with minced chicken meat, some vegetables, beansprouts, seaweed flakes and tanuki (that crispy bits thingy). They also have a spicy one, where they add chopped chili on top of it. As soon as the bowl served in front of me, I cannot wait to try it. Oh by the way, this bowl of goodness cost around IDR 45.000 per portion.


I really suggest you to stir all of it thoroughly before start eating. I tried eating it separately, the taste becomes a bit confusing. But after you stir it, the udon taste so good! The minced chicken was very juicy, rich in flavor and delicious. The udon was springy and nice. The seaweed flakes bring an unique flavor and interesting taste to the dish. The tanuki complete the whole meal and bring it to another level of goodness. I never thought a dry udon could be this good.


I have to congratulate Marugame Udon for creating a new amazing menu. I love how they can incorporate the current hype of abura in town to their signature udon dish. Even though probably their Abura Udon is not the best in town (yet), I really love how unique their dish was.

***

Marugame Udon
Gandaria City
Jl. Sultan Iskandar Muda
Gandaria, Jakarta Selatan
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia

Opening hours: 10 AM – 10 PM

Food: 4/5
Ambiance: 3,5/5
Price: 3,5/5
Service: 4/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe