[Jakarta] Poke-Bowl Not -Mon

9:58 AM


Poke bowl is the latest food trend/craze in Jakarta. Well, I actually can’t say the latest because it started a few years ago if I’m not mistaken. But somehow the trend is still going strong until today, and even I always found new place that sell poke bowl. For those of you who doesn’t familiar with poke, it is a Native Hawaiian cuisine that consist of diced raw fish that can be served as appetizer or even main course, combined with other things such as seaweed, edamame and much more.


I came to this restaurant for a quick lunch. You can easily spot this restaurant from their big and cute neon lights. Other than poke bowl, they also sold a few non poke menu. But since I wanted to try their poke bowl, I decided to go with the Finding Nemo (IDR 56.500). And to complete the meal I ordered their Cold Ocha (IDR 5.000), which can be refill. If you are interested with their food, you can check their complete menu on any restaurant directory apps.


The bowl consist of a bed of sushi rice topped with poke mix of tuna-salmon, creamy avocado, cucumber slices, wakame, cherry tomatoes, crispy garlic, crispy potato bits and soft boiled shoyu tamago. Overall I quite like each and every single thing in the bowl. The poke mix of tuna-salmon has this sweet salty taste to it. The avocado made the dish taste creamy yet it was balanced out by the sourness of tomato and fresh cucumber.


The crispy garlic and potato gave another texture that made the meal even more awesome. Although I kinda hate the portion of the crispy garlic. It was too much and made the meal taste too garlicky. But I still love it though! Oh and I kinda don’t like the egg. To me it taste weird and too salty. Next time, I’d probably skip the egg.


Even though each components has a strong flavor and delicious by itself, I’m surprised how well it taste when everything is mixed. Will I come back? Probably. Is it the best poke in town? Still not sure because I never tried any other poke before. Guess that’s mean I just have to try out another poke restaurant!


***

Pokinometry
Gandaria City
Jl. Sultan Iskandar Muda
Gandaria, Jakarta Selatan
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
(+62) 818 0889 6959

Opening hours: 10 AM – 10 PM

Food: 4/5
Ambiance: 3/5
Price: 4/5
Service: 3/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe