[Jakarta] Killin' Me Souffle

11:14 PM

Well, hello! It’s been a while since my last post here in #JaniJourneyJournal. I’ve been busy with life, with work, my camera’s broken, had to deal with some stuffs and then the list goes on but I don’t want to bother you with that. Now here I am, writing about my experiences about things that I love as somehow it calm my chaotic mind.


A few weeks ago, I crazily decide that I want to experience the LRT in northern part of Jakarta. After a very serious few days of research (since I never been to that part of Jakarta), my friend and I decided to go there by a public transport. Honestly, I didn’t expect traveling by Jakarta’s public transport could be that fun. If you guys knew me well, I was never that kind of person who decided to go somewhere with a public transport. Even though it was tiring and sweaty for most of the part, I found the experience very challenging since you can see a lot of stuffs along the way. I think I’ll write another post about this later.

Anyway, back to the tummy things.

Since I was already in Kelapa Gading, I decided to try out some delicious thing that this area has to offer. One of the restaurant/cafe that caught my attention was Pan & Co, which sells the viral fluffy pancake. Located right beside the Mall Kelapa Gading 2 back entrance, I was a bit skeptical about this place at first, due to the very small size of the café.


My friend and I were lucky there is an empty seats right when we arrived. Rumor has it that they usually has quite a long queue that made you wait for more than an hour. I think this probably because how small the café is while the cooking time for the pancake itself took about 20-30 minutes. Sadly I didn’t took any pictures of the store, since it was really packed of people and I kinda feel uncomfortable taking pictures there.


My friend and I ordered their Original pancake which cost IDR 49K before tax and service. Described on the menu, the original pancake was a plate of two pieces of their signature fluffy pancake, served with an organic whipped cream along with a small bowl of house made caramel and a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the sides.


I was surprised of how soft and fluffy the pancake was! I never tried something like this before, so it was very exciting to me. Also I strangely feel like it has a bit of good gooey texture into it that made me cannot stop eating. Whipped cream, caramel and ice cream on the sides kinda complement the pancake taste. Since the pancake itself taste pretty bland, eating it along with ice cream and a bit of caramel made it more heavenly. However I don’t like the whipped cream because it was too sweet and it kinda ruin about the concept of the whole dish. The pancake is already so fluffy, I don’t think it need another fluffy stuff into it.


We order the Purple Stardust (IDR 36K) for drinks, which was a cup of freshly squeezed lime juice with blue flower tea soda and aloe vera bits. I honestly really like this drinks as a complimentary to the pancake. The pancake along with the ice cream and caramel was sweet or probably too sweet for some people. Choosing this sour drinks made your palate feel clean and fresh afterwards. Not to mention the looks of it looks very pretty as well.



Overall I probably will come again to this café. I love how their dish complement each other in a way that I didn’t expected. To be honest, I was kinda disappointed at first since the taste of the pancake was not something over the top. However the drinks that I chose that day surprisingly complement the whole meal. Also I was convinced to come again, since every item on their menu looks so tempting. So which souffle will kill me next time?


***

Pan & Co.
Mall Kelapa Gading 2, 1st floor
Jl. Kelapa Gading Boulevard
Kelapa Gading, Jakarta Utara
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
(+62) 21 2452 4838

Opening hours: 10 AM – 10 PM

Food: 4/5
Ambiance: 3/5
Price: 4/5
Service : 4/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe