[Jakarta] Personal Pot Experience at Double Pots

11:11 AM


I’ve been curious about Double Pots ever since I heard about it. From what I read across the internet, Double Pots offers you a single hotpot experience perfect for a single people like me like no other. Why? Because Double Pots can take you around the world with their dish. Even though they are listed as Taiwanese food for their main concept, they offers you a wide variety of hotpot choices from around the world. Such as Korea, Thailand, Japanese and even Indonesia.



My friend and I ordered the Taiwanese Spicy Hot Soup for about IDR 78.000. Based on the menu book, the hotpot consist of beef slice, beef ball, tofu, fried fish ball, fried tofu skin, tempura, enoki mushroom, corn, narutomaki, chikuwa, Taiwan noodle, shrimp ball, crab nugget, mixed vegetables. A lot, I know. But believe me once you taste it, it wasn’t enough.


The soup was very fresh and wasn’t as spicy as I thought. I get this overpowering herbs and spices taste at the beginning but as you dig in more, you can taste a hint of sourness that made the whole dish lighter and definitely yummy. As for the soup filling, it was just another soup filling. Nothing special.



We also ordered their Kangkung Tempura (IDR 28.000) for sharing. The kangkung was fried to the perfect crispiness without eliminating the kangkung flavor. The only thing that a miss was the portion given was HUGE! I think it was meant to be shared for 3-4 persons or so. We even didn’t finish up this one due to full tummy.


Overall, Double Pots has a nice array of hotpot choices that perfect for those cold rainy days. The service was also considerably great, since the waiter was very friendly and really know the restaurant specialty. I would definitely come back and try the other menu that is available in store.

***

Double Pots
Gandaria City
Jl. Sultan Iskandar Muda
Gandaria, Jakarta Selatan
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
(+62) 21 2277 4776

Opening hours: 10 AM – 10 PM

Food: 3,5/5
Ambiance: 3,5/5
Price: 3/5
Service: 3/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe