[Japan] Simple Lobster Rolls, Great Taste

9:49 PM


I always have a thing for seafood based meals, especially lobster. I think lobster has this unique texture and flavor compared to prawn or crab. They are more thick and chewy but also has this smooth buttery texture when eaten. I’ve ate lobster a couple of times before and I fell in love of how sweet their meat was just by itself. So when I heard about this lobster joint has a long queue almost every day, I need to prove the glory by myself.


Luke’s Lobster is a food chain that already has tons of stores all across the globe. This brand was found by Luke Holden and his father in New York back in 2009 because of their love for lobsters. They decided to sell their own rolls in the most simple yet beautiful way; pure without toppings and fresh. Luke’s Lobster opened their store in Tokyo back in 2015, in the Omotesando area. They have this food stall concept with a lot of seat boxes in front of their stall.


I came near their closing time so there was queue at all. I tried their Reguler Lobster Roll that cost around 980 yen each. The rolls comes in a split bun, melted lemon butter, a bit of mayo and a huge scoop of lobster chunks. Looks so simple? It was, but believe me it taste so freakin’ good.


I love how the simplicity brings out the best feature of this meal which is the lobster itself. The lobster was chunky, thick, buttery, fresh and has this sweet taste like what a lobster should be. The mayo made the lobster blend well all together and the lemon butter lighten the whole taste. Just a little note for the bun, it was cold and a bit too greasy for me. Also I kinda wish the bun was a bit grilled slightly crispy so the whole meal has other texture when chewed.


***

Luke’s Lobster
6 Chone-7-1 Jingumae
Shibuya 150-0001
Tokyo Prefecture
Phone : +81 357 783 747

Opening hours: 11AM – 8.30PM

Food: 4/5
Ambiance: 3.5/5
Price: 4/5
Serive: 3.5/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe