The Legendary : Nasi Uduk Kebon Kacang

6:56 AM

I always wonder, why something sinful is always tempting? Even though you get worried when you did it, the adrenaline somehow made you smile after (no, I'm not proud of myself about it). Yeah, you name it. Starting from violating the rules to eating in the middle of the night. Oh yes! Especially eating in the middle of the night. This thing always made me end up with a sinful layers of fat.


Well who can resist the Legendary Nasi Uduk Kebon Kacang? Just by hearing it's name, I already drool all over the place just like I did when I wrote this post on my blog. Kidding. But seriously if you never heard of this legendary street food in Jakarta, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, MAN???

Having so many outlets and located almost in every part of Jakarta, we decided to go to the original place in Kebon Kacang. As soon as we arrived there, we saw so many small house (warung) with banners claiming to be the best and the original Nasi Uduk Kebon Kacang. Our eyes instantly caught a quite large house that turned into a restaurant by night, packed full of people and cars. This outlet name is Nasi Uduk Kebon Kacang Puas Hati.


As you can see from the pictures above, we were served with box full of tiny little rice wrapped in banana leaf. This tiny little rice is different from the regular steamed rice, this one is a steamed rice cooked in coconut milk usually called Nasi Uduk. The taste of their nasi uduk was incredibly yumm. Perfectly cooked, fragrant, not overpowered by the coconut milk and most importantly delicious. The fried chicken was nice too. Tender, juicy and have some crispy parts that I love. Even though for me it was too oily but I don't mind. I already sinned for eating in the middle of the night, just add some more oil so it won't be wasted.


But what I loved about Nasi Uduk Kebon Kacang is their glorious sambal. They have two types of sambal and for me both were awesome. The thick sauce and perfect level of spicy and nuttiness combined with those steaming hot tiny little rice and fried chicken. Man! I don't even have any perfect words to describe it. I think I need some more rice and chicken, maybe two, three or even five! All I know is one is not enough.

-------

Nasi Uduk Kebon Kacang Puas Hati
Jl. Kebon Kacang I no 63
Tanah Abang, Jakarta
(+62) 391 9031

Food         : 4,5/5
Ambiance : 3/5
Price         : 4,5/5
Service     : 3/5

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. ku biasanya nga gitu suka mam nasi uduk. tapi kalo disini, disodorin nasi uduk ga bisa ngelak, karena endes binggo boook. hmm empalnya juga endesss lohh :9

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe