Another Nice Japanese Restaurant

10:40 PM

I've tried Umaku for a gazillion times but I never got the chance to review and post a proper picture since I always in a super hungry mode when I went there. But this time I went there for a nice good lunch break (more like running away from those paperworks I guess) from my work. So I really spare much time to sit, order, taking pictures and eat.



Umaku located in the same house with Kopi Oey at Jl. Tebet Raya. They are a small looking restaurant on the outside yet on the inside it is rather huge I must say. Their restaurant wall covered with a wallpaper of Japan's old newspaper and decorated with some Japanese ornaments such as lanterns, Japanese calligraphy and so on. I think the owner want to bring a Japan feeling to their customer but it just don't feel right. I'm not sure why but it just doesn't feel right.


Some of the waiter were very helpful. They suggest the food based on what do we want and they were really really know the food. Too bad not all of them were like that. I went there for a couple times and I met a couple of impolite waiter. The kitchen were kinda slow too. I always thought it was because they were full house but when it was less crowded the kitchen still slow. Wondering why ...

I was looking for a good fusion sushi that day, so I chose Volcano Roll to accompany me that afternoon and also the good old Chawan Mushi. The sushi and the chawan mushi were both nice. The sushi was so yumm I can't even stop myself from eating it in just 5 minutes. As for the chawan mushi it could be more soft and silky but to me this one was already yumm. Too bad the topping given was so limited that I could count the topping with just one hand.


Since this place was just a few steps away from my workplace, I always run to this place when I need to getaway from my work for a while. Eventhough to me they are a little bit pricey, but I love the good Japanese food they offer.

-------

Umaku
Jl. Tebet Raya No 141
Tebet, Jakarta
(+62) 21 837 09 132

Food         : 3,5/5
Ambiance : 3/5
Price         : 3/5
Service     : 3/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe