Precious Pancious

11:00 PM

As an amateur cook, I personally find it hard to make an amazing pancake. Let's start with the color and the shape. It has to be perfectly golden and perfectly round. No brown and burnt marks on the edges. The perfect pancake checklist goes on with the right thickness, fluffy on the inside, sweetness level, topping and so on. Ain't easy, aye? That's why I instantly fall in love with Pancious when it first came out to public.


 Famous for it's pancake, Pancious has grown so fast. I remember when they just have a limited selections of dishes on their menu but now they have tons of new dishes on their menu. I even haven't got the chance to tried all of them. Soon, I hope. This time I tried their crepe cakes. I was in doubt. Most crepe cakes was just so simple while other was too sweet for my palate. But since rumor said their crepe cakes as good as their pancake, I took the risk. Thus I ordered their Green Tea Crepe Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream and Guava Sorbet for the drink.

And the crepe cake was .......


BEYOND AMAZING! It was very moist and fluffy in every bite. The filling in each of the crepe layers has this perfect creamy texture that didn't leave your tummy in those funny-yet-weird-wanna-throw-up feeling like other creamy fillings. The greentea sauce was perfect too. Nice bitter taste of greentea was balanced by the sweetness of vanilla ice cream. This dish came with some crumbs too. Sadly the crumbs was a little bit too sweet for me. Maybe because the green tea and vanilla ice cream blend so well together, adding some sweet crumbs was kinda ruin everything. I put those crumbs thingy aside, by the way.


My expectations was high for the guava sorbet. Unfortunately it was disappointing. I was hoping for a rich guava taste with a hint of lime for a sour factor. But it was more like store bought guava juice. From the pictures on the menu, I thought they put some lime in it but strangely I didn't taste any lime at all. Probably because mine has too much ice in it.


I don't know. Maybe it was just a bad luck? It's a recommended menu after all. But in the end I always come back to Pancious when I'm craving for some good pancake (and from now on, a good crepe cake). But ordering that guava sorbet? Hmm .......

-------

Pancious
Grand Indonesia Shopping Town
West Mall, 4th floor
Jl. MH Thamrin
Thamrin, Jakarta
(+62) 21 235 80 936

Food         : 4,5/5
Ambiance : 3,5/5
Price         : 3,5/5
Service     : 4/5

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe