Fook-in Yew-my

10:59 PM


Chinese food has become most popular food these days. It is quick, easy, delicious and fulfill our tummy needs in no time. Fook Yew has always been my favorite place to grab some chinese food. Especially the one in Gandaria City since it is very close to my house. Despite their uncomfortable seating plan, I love how they made their restaurant festive and colorful. It make us feel like we were in China.

I went there with my cousins. We were starving and we decided to go big that night. We ordered Salted Fish & Chicken Fried Rice, Chicken Fillet & Tomato Sauce Baked Rice, Ni Chang Sweet & Sour Crispy Chicken and also Two Flavors Fook Yew Mushrooms With Garlice Mie. Say yay for this big feast.


I personally love the fried rice. I thought it would be too salty since it use salted fish in it but I was wrong. Turns out it was delicious and yummy all the way. I also love their mushroom. Well ... I'm a big fan of mushroom and I can't resist every dish that contain mushroom in it. But this dish is seriously yummy. Perfect seasoning for both of the mushroom, not to mention the mie (vermicelli thin noodle) itself. I super duper lovin' the mie. It was cooked perfectly and has that slurp factor in a noodle and now by thinking of it make me drools.


I don't really fond of the baked rice since it was covered with cheese and I don't really eat cheese. Thus I can't give you a clear review about this particular dish. As for the sweet sour crispy chicken, it was just okay. Not something over the top that will make me come back begging for more.

We got a Sweet Butter Hot Bun as a compliment for following and mentioning Fook Yew on twitter. This bun was perfectly fried and has this beautiful golden color. But I don't really like it because the butter given was so small so it doesn't balancing the sweetness from the bun. The sweet bun itself was crispy and definitely yum.


I always end up eating in Fook Yew whenever I'm craving for chinese food. I thought this restaurant is great for having a big lunch with friends and family. Even though I never tried all of their menu, I can say most of their menu is definitely yum and can not be missed. After all going to a restaurant named Fook Yew was kinda funny. You can mess around with your parents :)

-------

Fook Yew
Gandaria City, Ground Floor
Jl. Sultan Iskandar Muda
Gandaria, Jakarta
(+62) 21 290 07 897

Food         : 3,5/5
Ambiance : 3/5
Price         : 3/5
Service     : 3/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe